Saturday, February 23, 2019

God's Love Awakens My Soul




Hymn
God's Love Awakens My Soul

I

Satan has corrupted my soul. I am so proud and vain. Satan has poisoned my thoughts. I long to love You but fall short, oh, but fall short. The judgment of Your words makes me know myself. I see my corruption, that no part of me is good. No conscience, no sense, no dignity remain. Without salvation, I might live like one who is dead. You face danger to work among us, judge, refine and call us, renew our corrupted souls, then our lives have value. I will suffer all there is to suffer, offer my final devotion. I will be an honest man, and I will make no demands.


                                                          II

I am blessed, You exalt me so I can do my duty. Yet I disobey You and I muddle through it. Oh, I muddle through it. You expose who I am and my evil nature. I acknowledge in my words, but my heart still disobeys. You see man's corruption and You worry for him. Yet I have no conscience. I cannot comfort You. You face danger to work among us, judge, refine and call us, renew our corrupted souls, then our lives have value. I will suffer all there is to suffer, offer my final devotion. I will be an honest man, and I will make no demands.

                                                       III

I have undergone Your judgment and painful refinement. I have seen just how great and how real is Your salvation! 'Cause of Your great patience, I can repay Your love. But I learn too late. My debt is too great. You face danger to work among us, judge, refine and call us, renew our corrupted souls, then our lives have value. I will suffer all there is to suffer, offer my final devotion. I will be an honest man, and I will make no demands.

from Follow the Lamb and Sing New Songs

Recommended:The tenets of The Church of Almighty God originate from the Bible and from The Word Appears in the Flesh.
Eastern Lightning Shakes the Religious World

No comments:

Post a Comment